- Council of Student Affairs Directors (CSAD) Diversity Program Fund
- Pepsi Diversity Program Fund
- Pepsi Student Events Fund
- Council of Student Affairs Directors (CSAD) Diversity Conference Attendance Fund-This fund is only for conference attendance, but the same eligibility, criteria and application process applies.
- Must be a Recognized Student Organization (RSO) in total compliance
- Must have approval from RSO's advisor.
- Must have a current account in the Student Organization Financial Services (SOFS) Office or cost object number.
- The purpose of the CSAD Diversity and/or Pepsi Diversity Program Funds is to support student organization's requests for funding assistance for campus-wide diversity programs.
- UNL academic departments or colleges may request funding from the Pepsi Student Events Fund for special events in which large numbers of high school students will be in attendance on campus.
Funding decisions will be based upon the following criteria:
- Has the student organization/department done any fundraising on its own?
- What other sources of revenue have been investigated?
- Is there evidence of collaboration and sponsorship with others?
- What impact will this program have on the campus? Will it reach a broad segment of the student population?
- For CSAD Diversity and Pepsi Diversity programs: Will this program meet the diverse needs of the student population at UNL? Or does this program work to increase awareness and understanding of all types of diversity?
Application Process (Must complete all steps to remain in good standing) :
- Funding requests can be made throughout the semester, keeping in mind that early requests are preferred. You may only submit one (1) funding request to be considered for all funding sources. Requests must be made a minimum of 30 days prior to the event or conference in question. Past event evaluations must be completed if you wish to be funded in the future. The Recognized Student Organization (RSO) will receive a written notification of the approval or denial of the funding request as soon as possible.
- Guidelines and all required forms (Event Information Form, Event Budget Form, and Event Evaluation Form) are available at: http://stuafs.unl.edu.
- The program for which the funding is requested must be well-planned and documented. A completed request must include the Event Information Form and Event Budget Form, as well as an Event Evaluation Form and Final Budget Form to be submitted within two weeks following the program.
- The Event Budget Form includes columns for Estimated expenses and Actual expenses. This same budget form will be submitted twice - first, with the Event Information Form with the Estimated Expense column completed, and then again with the Event Evaluation Form adding in the figures of the Actual Expenses.
- All funding requests should be submitted by your advisor to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs via e-mail to the Student Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information in the subject: UNL VCSA Funding Request.
- RSOs receiving funding support from the CSAD Diversity Program Fund will be expected to include mention of the following in program announcements and event programs: This program is supported in part by a grant from the Division of Student Affairs including Campus Recreation, Nebraska Unions, University Health Center, University Housing and the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Office.
- RSOs receiving funding support from the Pepsi Diversity Program Fund will be expected to include mention of the following in program announcements and event programs: This program is supported in part by a grant from the Pepsi Endowment Fund.
- RSOs/departments receiving funding support from the Pepsi Student Events Fund will be expected to include mention of the following in program announcements and event programs: This event is supported in part by a grant from the Pepsi Endowment Fund.
- In order to be considered for future funding, RSOs and UNL departments must submit a Post Event Evaluation Form and Final Budget Form within two weeks following the event.
- Approval of a funding request does not imply funding approval for similar or same events in subsequent years.
- If an event is canceled for which funding has been received, the RSO or UNL department must return the funds to the appropriate funding committee.