Student Affairs Funding Resources
Printer Friendly Page
Funding Sources Available Through the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs:
- Council of Student Affairs Directors (CSAD) Diversity Program Fund
- Pepsi Diversity Program Fund
- Pepsi Student Events Fund
- Council of Student Affairs Directors (CSAD) Diversity Conference Attendance Fund-This fund is only for conference attendance, but the same eligibility, criteria and application process applies.
- Must be a Recognized Student Organization (RSO) in total compliance
- Must have approval from RSO's advisor.
- Must have a current account in the Student Organization Financial Services (SOFS) Office or cost object number.
- The purpose of the CSAD Diversity and/or Pepsi Diversity Program Funds is to support student organization's requests for funding assistance for campus-wide diversity programs.
- UNL academic departments or colleges may request funding from the Pepsi Student Events Fund for special events in which large numbers of high school students will be in attendance on campus.
Funding decisions will be based upon the following criteria:
- Has the student organization/department done any fundraising on its own?
- What other sources of revenue have been investigated?
- Is there evidence of collaboration and sponsorship with others?
- What impact will this program have on the campus? Will it reach a broad segment of the student population?
- For CSAD Diversity and Pepsi Diversity programs: Will this program meet the diverse needs of the student population at UNL? Or does this program work to increase awareness and understanding of all types of diversity?
Application Process (Please pay special attention to #5 -- new procedure) :
- Funding requests for Fall semester events will be due by the end of the fourth week of the Fall semester
(Friday, September 20, 2013). Funding requests for Spring semester events will be due by the end of the
fourth week of the Spring semester (Friday, February 7, 2014). Organizations/departments will receive
notification of the approval or denial of their funding request by the end of the sixth week of classes
(Fall—October 4/Spring—February 21). Only submit one (1) funding request to be considered for all funding sources.
- If an event is scheduled to take place in the first four weeks of a semester, the request will be reviewed by the funding committees and notice will be given to the RSO of their decision as soon as possible.
- Guidelines and all required forms (Event Information Form, Event Budget Form, and Event Evaluation Form) are available at: http://stuafs.unl.edu
- The program for which the funding is requested must be well-planned and documented. A completed request must include the Event Information Form and Event Budget Form, as well as an Event Evaluation Form and Final Budget Form to be submitted within two weeks following the program.
- The Event Budget Form has been revised to include columns for Estimated expenses and Actual expenses. This same budget form will be submitted twice - first, with the Event Information Form with the Estimated Expense column completed, and then again with the Event Evaluation Form adding in the figures of the Actual Expenses.
- All funding requests should be submitted by your advisor to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs via e-mail to the Student Affairs Office at email@example.com Include the following information in the subject: UNL VCSA Funding Request.
- Recognized Student Organizations receiving funding support from the CSAD Diversity Program Fund will be expected to include mention of the following in program announcements and event programs: This program is supported in part by a grant from the Division of Student Affairs including Campus Recreation, Nebraska Unions, University Health Center, University Housing and the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Office.
- Recognized Student Organizations receiving funding support from the Pepsi Diversity Program Fund will be expected to include mention of the following in program announcements and event programs: This program is supported in part by a grant from the Pepsi Endowment Fund.
- Recognized Student Organizations/departments receiving funding support from the Pepsi Student Events Fund will be expected to include mention of the following in program announcements and event programs: This event is supported in part by a grant from the Pepsi Endowment Fund.
- In order to be considered for future funding, Recognized Student Organizations and UNL departments must submit a Post Event Evaluation Form and Final Budget Form within two weeks following the event.
- Approval of a funding request does not imply funding approval for similar or same events in subsequent years.
- If an event is canceled for which funding has been received, the Recognized Student Organization or UNL department must return the funds to the appropriate funding committee.
- Event Information Form
- Event Budget Form
- Post-Event Evaluation Form
- Conference Information Form
- Conference Budget Form
- Post-Conference Evaluation Form
Division of Student AffairsStudent Affairs: email
106 Canfield Administration Building
P.O. Box 880423
Lincoln, NE 68588-0423
Voice: (402) 472-3755
Fax: (402) 472-8189